one thing that may work is to use the format paintbrush to brush in from an unmerged cell
Once every couple of weeks, my Outlook 2010 freezes up. Whatever I click, I get “Research Pane,” and nothing I type shows up. I wondered if it was a keyboard issue, but other MS applications worked. So after some Googling I found a solution. Need to open VB (Alt-F11) and then the immediate window (Ctrl-G), and then type:
Application.Explorers(1).CommandBars("Research").Enabled = false
Originally found this as one of the results here:
Here’s some useful git configurations and aliases. The way you make a git alias is as follows:
$git config --global alias.co checkout
$git config --global alias.br branch
$git config --global alias.ci commit
$git config --global alias.st status
You can use git config to also set various items such as the diff.tool, which uses gvimdiff whenever you use git difftool. This makes the diffs much more visually understandable since you can scroll and see more context.
color.ui=auto diff.tool=gvimdiff alias.loga=log --oneline -15 --graph --decorate --all alias.rev=remote -v alias.lst=ls-tree --abbrev -l HEAD core.pager=less -r
this is a cheap and apparently old printer. Important points:
- It doesn’t connect to my WiFi — it needs a WPS button on the router
- It doesn’t work with USB3 ports, needs to be connected to an older port
- It needs to be rebooted prior it each printing session
- The paper tray needs to be unfolded from the back, and the paper catcher needs to be unfolded from the front.
check rotation lock, it is the same switch for mute, which can stop game sounds
pressing mapping&preset together, then the home light will flash. then reboot. you can test whether the driver is working from settings
- lspci, look for wireless network
- the drivers are proprietary, non-free so google for the driver and install. in this case it was firmware-iwlwifi.
- wicd (networkmanager also may have been helpful at some time, but i think its best to have only 1 of them installed.)
- reboot and check the hardware wireless switch is on. (removed something called avahi-auto ipd because i wasnt getting connection and i thought it was interfering, turned out to be the wireless switch, doesn’t seem to have messed anything up either way and i don’t know what it does.)